Monday, April 6, 2015

Meals 4/5/2015

Sunday April 5th, 2015

For breakfast I made creamy grits with poached eggs and asparagus. It was very mild. Grits are mild, asparagus is mild, egg is mild. We had some leftover smoked salmon so I had some of that with it. I don't think I'd make this one again.

For lunch I ended up eating some of a dish my uncle makes called Lazy Lasagna. It is noodles and ricotta cheese and sour cream. It's one of my favorite things. I need to check what the noodles were because I think they may have been egg noodles, which wouldn't be as bad for my diet as regular simple carb noodles.

For dinner I cooked my family "mac" and cheese where the noodles were replaced with baked butternut squash.

The recipe calls for one of those vegetable spiralizers but I didn't have one so I just sliced it up into little squares.

It turned out delicious but I think it would have been better and tasted a lot more like mac and cheese if I had used a spiralizer/zoodle maker. Will be making this again for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment