Monday, April 13, 2015

Food Sunday April 11th

I didn't make it to the store in time to have my planned breakfast of wheat toast and cottage cheese, so I had more of the pumpkin oatmeal breakfast cookies. Love those things!

For lunch I cooked up bulgogi, which is Korean BBQ. It is thin strips of beef marinated in soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, green onions, and kiwi fruit (to tenderize). That is pan fried and served with rice (I used brown rice, of course!)

We used to eat this a lot. There's a restaurant near us that does it really well but it got expensive to eat out there all the time. So I learned to cook it at home. My version isn't quite as good but it's not bad.


For my snack I did the apple low carb thing: green apple slice sprinkled with cinnamon and wrapped in almond-butter-spread provolone cheese.

This is another aspect of FLO living that I need to build up to: utilizing spices for their health benefits.

I put that with my waldorf salad and a container of baby food in my lunchbox for work. The baby food snack really worked well!

Yes, it was a LOT of apple


No comments:

Post a Comment