Thursday, April 2, 2015

Friday's Airplane Snacks

Here are the snacks I prepared for myself when traveling...

Cucumber Crisps
I sliced cucumber very thin and I think I actually need to leave it a little thicker. My slices dried so much they were little more than just curls of skin!

I used my NuWave oven to dehydrate. It's a fantastic little device that I got as a gift from my mother-in-law. It's nice for cooking small meals for two rather than heating the whole oven. According to the chef on YouTube it also has cool uses like dehydrating.

Crispy Green Beans

Total failure. Again I tried to use my NuWave to dehydrate and again I got shriveled little bits of vegetable but it wasn't even crispy. I'm calling BS on the idea that the NuWave can function as a dehydrator.

I really want crispy green beans to work but I'm not sure it's worth getting yet another kitchen gadget to do it! Besides, what if I buy one and it still doesn't work?

Then again, it is only $40

Buffalo Cauliflower
This one was a winner! It is battered (I used Urad flour instead of garbanzo because I couldn't find my besan. I'm sure I have it somehwhere) and baked, then the hot sauce is added and it is baked again. It's nice and crispy.
My husband doesn't care for cauliflower so he was skeptical as I cooked this. But then he ate one and said, "This is great. You have to make this again."

Healthy Fudge
This fudge is free of gluten, dairy, and processed sugar! It's also super easy to make. (Yet another instance where I wish I still had my food processor!)


I happened to already have all the ingredients on hand for this one. Even the coconut oil (which I bought a while ago knowing it was healthy but not actually ever using it yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment