Thursday, April 16, 2015

Food Wed 4/15

Hope everyone had a good tax day, everything finished! We've got some issues with our taxes from the year before that we're struggling with. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

I really do feel like my period has got to be nearly here. I was so down yesterday. And I woke up with a headache, plus I was ravenously hungry last evening. These are all signs of it.

A friend called and I started sobbing. She said, "Are you hormonal?" and I said, "I sure hope so!" Whether from pregnancy or my period, I'll take either at this point.

So I didn't do a very good job yesterday regulating my food. I was supposed to eat toast with egg in the morning and then spaghetti squash chow mein for lunch and spinach salad for dinner.

I missed breakfast completely, which set me on a bad trajectory. Then I was having company for dinner so I snacked through lunch and made the spaghetti squash chow mein for dinner.

That turned out fantastic!


I highly recommend this one. The strong sauce went great with the squash and it really tasted just like chow mein. Great for a Chinese food fix.

Would be even better with some chicken or beef satay. I tend to forget about meat when it comes to meal planning. I was a vegetarian for a long time and a lot of my family are vegetarians so it's easy for me to forget about meat. Next time I'll add some meat over the top and it will be perfect.

Then in the evening I started getting super cranky and shaking and unable to focus or to make any decisions. I was craving brownies (and considered running to the store for ingredients for black bean avocado brownies). Instead my husband whipped up some flourless banana bread muffins and I fried the rest of my cauliflower tatertot batter so we had some evening snacks.


I'm going to be working on meal planning for next week and I think I'll plan two potential menus, one based on if I get my period and the other if I don't. I won't be shopping until Sunday (it's Thursday today) so I'll have time to find out what to expect from next week.

My garden is doing pretty well. I'll have to get a picture of that for you. I transferred the seedlings outside. I didn't have enough soil to fill out the fabric garden bed I bought. I should have started smaller! But I piled soil into the corner and planted there. It has required a lot of watering, but luckily I've been saving rain water in some buckets (I will be making a proper rain barrel soon). The carrots greens are growing and getting big. The broccoli seems good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment