Friday, April 24, 2015

Meals 4/22

So today is when I made the carrot cake breakfast cookies. I didn't like them that much. No sweetness to them. The pumpkin cookies had dark chocolate chips going for them! The raisins and bananas and carrots should have helped but it didn't seem to do enough. Maybe a little more carrots. My carrots were pretty close to bad too.

For lunch I was supposed to do a chicken dish but I didn't have any plum jam. I tried to find plums or plum jam at the grocery store but didn't have any luck. I also hadn't defrosted my second package of chicken.

So instead I put it in the crock pot for this dish and had toast and cottage cheese for lunch.

Then around 3:30 I was getting pretty peckish and casting around my kitchen trying to figure out what I could eat. I realized that I could just put together a smoothie. I put yogurt, almond butter, honey, frozen grapes, strawberries, bananas, and some oats and some water in my blender. I'm not a huge fan of smoothies (I don't like the tang of yogurt and I don't like a lot of fruit at once, eat it only in small bites), but they are really useful as a snack option to have around!

The dinner was okay but not great. I keep forgetting that I really don't like crock pot dishes. They never turn out for me. But my husband thought it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment