Monday, April 20, 2015

Meals 4/19

On Sunday I had work from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm so I was rushing around in the morning getting my lunch cooked and ready!

I made it though.

For breakfast I made the cranberry walnut breakfast cookies but I substituted chestnuts for the walnuts since chestnuts are the nut of the menstrual phase. I happened to have a bag of pre-roasted chestnuts that my mother-in-law gave me a while ago and I had never opened!

The cookies were pretty yummy. I like the pumpkin ones a little better but these are good. They also don't hold together quite as well as the pumpkin ones.

We did the dijon mustard pork chops with wild rice. I got just a box of wild rice mixed with long grain. I realized later that I could have gotten brown rice and wild rice and mixed them together for my own custom blend. Next time. I cooked the boxed rice in home made chicken broth and added chopped craisins and chestnuts. I ate half of this before I left and then the other half at work a while later.

In the evening I finished up grocery shopping and I decided that I couldn't wait any longer for a food processor. So we tried to go to Goodwill to look for one, but it being Sunday night they were closed. Then I found a Big Lots and got a nice big food processor for $30. (Here's the one I got. It's a tiny bit cheaper on Amazon).

With that I was able to make the black bean avocado brownies that I was so excited about. But they were a huge disappointment. They weren't at all sweet.


Granted, I was low on the brown sugar and didn't put in quite enough but it's hard to believe that little bit could have such a big effect. It tasted like dense refried beans more than brownies. They look so good too! :(

We also had some snack foods for dinner like the buffalo cauliflower and some guacamole with rice crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment