Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Food Mon 4/13 and Tue 4/14

Eggs on whole wheat toast.

I have a long history of dislike for whole wheat bread but Nature's Own wasn't too bad. I was going to make my own, but I was able to get such a good deal on this that I got it instead.

With eggs and salt it was quite good.


Spaghetti squash with "cream" sauce

This was terrible! lol. The fake cream sauce may work as an alfredo substitute on real pasta but it was awful with squash. Both were very mild in taste and it was just a tasteless goopy mess. I'm not really sold on the sauce at all. I'm not sure it actually worked.

I salvaged the squash a little bit by roasting the seeds.

Cauliflower tater tots

These were really good. The only problem is that when they said to drop them into very hot oil my oil was too hot. They cooked to black in three seconds flat before I can snatch them out!



Bacon, Egg, Leek Risotto

This was delicious but took a long time. I guess I should have known that but I've never made risotto before. It's a very long process. Even longer with the brown rice. I couldn't find short grain brown rice so I went with long grain. It was still a tad bit crunchy when I ate it.

I probably should have done this meal on a day I didn't have work.



Will try this again with more time for cooking. As with my previous bacon recipe, bacon makes everything delicious!

Because I forgot to get pepperoni, the pizza bites didn't happen. Will have to save that for next week. Instead I had my graham crackers with chocolate chips and nuts and raisins.


No comments:

Post a Comment