Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Meals 4/20 & Super Simple Rajma Recipe

I had the cranberry breakfast cookies again.

For lunch I did rajma, which is an Indian dish of red kidney beans. I make a super simple version of it...

Rajma

  • sautee onion, garlic
  • once those are really sizzling, add a few diced canned tomato bits
  • add a rinsed can of kidney beans and about a cup of water
  • add sprinklings of turmeric, cumin, chili pepper to taste
  • cook until a lot of the water cooks off
  • serve with rice


For dinner I was supposed to do duck fat fries but I wasn't able to find duck at the grocery store either in the meat section or in the frozen section (pig's feet? yes. cow tongue? yes. gizzards? yes. duck? no.)

I ended up eating some tomato soup I had bought at work a few days ago and never finished. Then I made the cupcakes you saw in the last post. Happily that kept me from eating the mini cadbury eggs that my husband had!

When I told my friends that the avocado black bean brownies hadn't worked for me, one suggested this recipe, so I'll be giving it a try at some point: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/amazing-flour-less-brownies.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment