Friday, May 1, 2015

Advice on Planting Thyme as Ground Cover

I hope that someone out there reading this will have some insight for me on my dilemma...

My husband and I both hate mowing. Since before we got a house I have always planned to switch grass out for something else. Like moss or clover.

Our yard is in a lot of full sun so I don't think moss will work that well. Clover attracts bees and my husband is afraid of bees.

I considered mint but people rant and rave about how invasive it is and while that is a plus to me (let it do the work of killing off the grass that's there), I'm concerned about my neighbors.

I want to switch our lawn for a non-grass ground cover but I don't want that to cause headaches for our neighbors. The lawns are separated by concrete (but I keep hearing that isn't enough to stop mint).

What about thyme? People say it's good for a ground cover and it sounds like it will work well for our zone 5 lawn but will the seeds spread and cause our neighbors trouble?

No comments:

Post a Comment