Sunday, May 31, 2015

Travel Food

I spent last week on a rather stressful trip to NYC. I knew it would be cycle day 14 the day I got back so I packed as much ovulation food as I could. Apricots, red pepper hummus, etc. I was staying with my cousin who eats a very healthy vegetarian diet so I was able to eat very healthy while there. (My favorite was avocado sushi with flax seed rice from Silver Rice in Brooklyn).

Despite all this healthy eating and walking three to four miles a day, I gained weight while there.

Very discouraging and frustrating. And before you say I gained muscle, I knew I was gaining weight because my bra strap was getting tighter. I don't think I was gaining muscle mass in my rib cage.

My husband thinks that the stress contributed. Hopefully now that I'm home I can relax and some of that stress will drain out of my body and take the weight with it!

I took my thermometer with me and checked for ovulation, but my temperature has not risen as of yet and today is day 15. I was able to get some sex in as soon as I got home in the evening of day 14. So I'm somewhat hopeful this cycle.

It feels like the first time we've been able to actually try since May 2013. I've spent all my time since that time trying to get my cycle back after a psycho-somatic pregnancy.

I wouldn't be surprised if stress delayed ovulation this cycle, which is okay since I needed time to get back to my husband.

I say I'm feeling hopeful but that's not entirely accurate. I feel like I should be feeling hopeful. A week ago I was feeling hopeful. Right now I'm struggling to let go of my anxiety from the trip and as with every transition of my cycle, I feel unreasonable panic that the next step isn't going to happen. I would really like to know if I'm ovulating. I have yet to ever get a positive result on the pee sticks that my friend gave me.

I'm reading a lot of infertility memoirs on my Kindle app. Even though they make me cry, I find them comforting in some way. I also wish I could find more books that I've heard called "Mommy lit." Chick lit style books about women dealing with pregnancy or babies. I've read maybe three of them and I want more but I don't know how to find them!

Here are some I've found on Amazon:


 (some of these are free first books in a series)

I'll also have recommendations on the infertility memoirs soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment