Sunday, July 12, 2015

As Usual, I Panicked Too Soon

I am noticing a definite pattern from keeping this journal. I seem to panic that something isn't going to happen just a day or two before it does! What a waste of my energy.

I was so miserable yesterday. Then I realized that when I took my temp in the morning, it hadn't actually been 48 hours from the time I took the ovulation test. It had been about 40. Which is still cutting it close, since most people report ovulation within 36 hours at most. But technically 48 is still in the realm of possibility.

At work I started feeling nauseous and thanks to a great new book I've been reading I know that that comes from progesterone. Rather than being an early pregnancy sign, it's a natural symptom of the luteal phase of the cycle when progesterone is pumping into your body to prepare it for potential pregnancy.

Sure enough, this morning my temp had risen. So now we're in the next two week wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment