Friday, June 5, 2015

Must Have Cookbook

I don't buy cookbooks anymore. Not with Pinterest where I can get exactly the recipe I want whenever I want. However, I am definitely buying But I Could Never Go Vegan. I got it from the library last week and I've made two of the recipes so far...

Eggplant "meatball" sub. My meatballs don't look great but they taste fantastic. I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't love the smell as I was cooking them but the end result was perfection.


and "crab" cakes made with artichoke hearts. I can't wait to make these again. The artichoke hearts were flaky and soft just like crab and the red pepper and corn tasted so yummy fried.


Both were just incredible. They hit the spot for these meat favorites. My husband and I both loved them.

I like how the book is divided up with sections for each potential objection to a vegan diet, such as "It's all rabbit food" and "vegan cooking is too hard."

I've bookmarked just about every recipe in the book. There are so many things I want to try. Today I'm going to do the Portobello Steak and Fruit Cheesecakes.

I am dying to try jackfruit tuna salad sandwich, tempeh bacon mac and cheese, mushroom grilled cheese sandwiches with sunflower cheddar, tofu fish and chips, and fettuchini alfredo.

If only I weren't trying to limit my soy intake! There are so many great tofu recipes here!

I like how many photos there were too. That's something missing from the Veganomicon book. I love to look through pictures and feel inspired by what I could create.

I am buying this book for sure and I highly recommend you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment