Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I've Been Bad

Whenever I mess up on my diet, I get super upset with myself. It's not just my body that I'm messing with when I don't eat right. Every mis-step means a greater chance of not getting pregnant or at putting a baby's health at risk. The stakes on my diet are super high!

Yesterday I made vegan mac and cheese. I was going to use sweet potato instead of noodles but I messed it up and went with regular pasta instead. Then my friends talked me into going out for a milkshake. Sugar late at night plus dairy. Bad, bad, bad.

A couple of days ago I was working until 10:00 pm and then had to be in again at 8:00 the next morning. I didn't have time to cook and pack food and I was starving and moody. I ended up getting one of those 50 cent "apple pies" that come in a cardboard box. Pure trans-fat basically. Oh, but it tasted so good!

I need to stay dedicated to my diet long term. I need to keep on making good choices day in and day out. My husband says I should be proud of how far I've come and how much healthier I am now than just a few months ago. But it's never enough. The stakes are so high that I demand perfection from myself.

I'm in the two week wait now. My temp has remained high for the last four days, which is great. I'm trying not to search for pregnancy symptoms because I'm too susceptible to tricking myself into thinking I'm pregnant.

Time to pack up some of those sweet potato noodles and head to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment