Saturday, August 15, 2015

Erratic Temps After Chemical Pregnancy

My temperatures this cycle have been weird. In fact, they look a lot like the temps I was getting before I got on the WomanCode diet.

Back then my temperatures were all over the place and I couldn't really detect any patterns. I kept thinking maybe the battery was bad on my thermometer, or I was sleeping with my mouth open, or I wasn't getting good enough sleep.

Then I went on the diet and immediately my charts started looking like a normal person's!

Those erratic temps were all the PCOS. With my hormones in balance, my temperatures started making sense.

So when my temperatures this cycle have been all over the place, I have been feeling very upset. Have I not been doing the diet well enough? Do I need to refocus and work harder at avoiding sugar?

But then I think, I know this is weird, but I haven't been constipated. It's a good sign for the diet working if I'm able to go regularly because it moves the excess hormones out of the body without giving them the chance to get reabsorbed.

My thermometer was starting to sound strange so I went to replace the battery (and ended up buying a new one since that's easier and cheaper than finding the right battery).

But when my temp was still low this morning I realized that maybe it's the aftermath of the chemical pregnancy.

A chemical pregnancy isn't supposed to effect things that much. You're supposed to go straight back to normal and it seems that lots of people get pregnant immediately after. But there are those who find that hormones are out of whack for a cycle.

There are those who aren't sure they believe I was actually pregnant since I didn't go to the doctor for confirmation. I think this is a big sign that I was. That and the way my temps looked during that cycle and the change in the way I tasted food. Those all indicate to me that I really was pregnant.

So this cycle what's happening is that I had a very consistent and normal low temperature for 15 days. Then I got a positive OPK. Last time I got a positive OPK it took a full 48 hours to ovulate, remember, and it was cycle day 18. So I was expecting another O on day 18.

Then my temperature shot up the very next day.

But then it dropped again. And then went up. And went way down. And stayed down. I'm at day 22 now and my temps are low. So I don't think I've even ovulated yet.

I've also had a mild cold this cycle and I had a very low-grade fever for a day. So that also may be having an effect on my temps.

It's very frustrating and I feel flattened by it all. Sick of the effort, sick of the trying, furious at how unfair life can be. Pregnancy announcements continue to pour in from friends.

Part way into year three of trying I wonder when it's going to finally be our turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment